Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zero, zilch, zip, zippo (a quantity of no importance) "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"; "reduced to nil all the work we had done"; "we racked up a pathetic goose egg"; "it was all for naught"; "I didn't hear zilch about it"
- S: (n) zero, 0, nought, cipher, cypher (a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number)
- S: (n) zero, zero point (the point on a scale from which positive or negative numerical quantities can be measured)
- S: (n) zero (the sight setting that will cause a projectile to hit the center of the target with no wind blowing)
- S: (v) zero (adjust (an instrument or device) to zero value)
- S: (v) zero, zero in (adjust (as by firing under test conditions) the zero of (a gun)) "He zeroed in his rifle at 200 yards"
- S: (adj) zero, 0 (indicating the absence of any or all units under consideration) "a zero score"
- S: (adj) zero (having no measurable or otherwise determinable value) "the goal is zero population growth"
- S: (adj) zero (indicating an initial point or origin)
- S: (adj) zero (of or relating to the null set (a set with no members))