Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) yellow, yellowness (yellow color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of sunflowers or ripe lemons)
- S: (v) yellow (turn yellow) "The pages of the book began to yellow"
- S: (adj) yellow, yellowish, xanthous (of the color intermediate between green and orange in the color spectrum; of something resembling the color of an egg yolk)
- S: (adj) chicken, chickenhearted, lily-livered, white-livered, yellow, yellow-bellied (easily frightened)
- S: (adj) yellow, yellowed (changed to a yellowish color by age) "yellowed parchment"
- S: (adj) scandalmongering, sensationalistic, yellow (typical of tabloids) "sensational journalistic reportage of the scandal"; "yellow press"
- S: (adj) yellow (cowardly or treacherous) "the little yellow stain of treason"-M.W.Straight; "too yellow to stand and fight"
- S: (adj) jaundiced, icteric, yellow (affected by jaundice which causes yellowing of skin etc)