Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) yawn, yawning, oscitance, oscitancy (an involuntary intake of breath through a wide open mouth; usually triggered by fatigue or boredom) "he could not suppress a yawn"; "the yawning in the audience told him it was time to stop"; "he apologized for his oscitancy"
- S: (v) yawn (utter a yawn, as from lack of oxygen or when one is tired) "The child yawned during the long performance"
- S: (v) gape, yawn, yaw (be wide open) "the deep gaping canyon"
- S: (adj) yawning (gaping open as if threatening to engulf someone or something) "the yawning mine shaft"; "a yawning abyss"
- S: (adj) yawning (with the mouth wide open indicating boredom or sleepiness) "a yawning congregation"
- S: (adj) drowsy, oscitant, yawning (showing lack of attention or boredom) "the yawning congregation"