Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) squeeze, wring (a twisting squeeze) "gave the wet cloth a wring"
- S: (v) contort, deform, distort, wring (twist and press out of shape)
- S: (v) wring, wrench (twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish) "Wring one's hand"
- S: (v) extort, squeeze, rack, gouge, wring (obtain by coercion or intimidation) "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
- S: (v) wring (twist, squeeze, or compress in order to extract liquid) "wring the towels"