Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out (use up (resources or materials)) "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
- S: (v) eliminate, annihilate, extinguish, eradicate, wipe out, decimate, carry off (kill in large numbers) "the plague wiped out an entire population"
- S: (v) wipe out, sweep away (eliminate completely and without a trace) "The old values have been wiped out"
- S: (v) erase, wipe out (remove from memory or existence) "The Turks erased the Armenians in 1915"
- S: (v) kill, obliterate, wipe out (mark for deletion, rub off, or erase) "kill these lines in the President's speech"
- S: (v) cancel out, wipe out (wipe out the effect of something) "The new tax effectively cancels out my raise"; "The `A' will cancel out the `C' on your record"