Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) White, White person, Caucasian (a Caucasian)
- S: (n) white, whiteness (the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black))
- S: (n) White, Edward White, Edward D. White, Edward Douglas White Jr. (United States jurist appointed chief justice of the United States Supreme Court in 1910 by President Taft; noted for his work on antitrust legislation (1845-1921))
- S: (n) White, Patrick White, Patrick Victor Martindale White (Australian writer (1912-1990))
- S: (n) White, T. H. White, Theodore Harold White (United States political journalist (1915-1986))
- S: (n) White, Stanford White (United States architect (1853-1906))
- S: (n) White, E. B. White, Elwyn Brooks White (United States writer noted for his humorous essays (1899-1985))
- S: (n) White, Andrew D. White, Andrew Dickson White (United States educator who in 1865 (with Ezra Cornell) founded Cornell University and served as its first president (1832-1918))
- S: (n) White, White River (a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows southeastward through northern Arkansas and southern Missouri)
- S: (n) egg white, white, albumen, ovalbumin (the white part of an egg; the nutritive and protective gelatinous substance surrounding the yolk consisting mainly of albumin dissolved in water) "she separated the whites from the yolks of several eggs"
- S: (n) white ((board games) the lighter pieces)
- S: (n) flannel, gabardine, tweed, white ((usually in the plural) trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth)
- S: (v) whiten, white (turn white) "This detergent will whiten your laundry"
- S: (adj) white (being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness; having little or no hue owing to reflection of almost all incident light) "as white as fresh snow"; "a bride's white dress"
- S: (adj) white (of or belonging to a racial group having light skin coloration) "voting patterns within the white population"
- S: (adj) white (free from moral blemish or impurity; unsullied) "in shining white armor"
- S: (adj) white, snowy (marked by the presence of snow) "a white Christmas"; "the white hills of a northern winter"
- S: (adj) white, lily-white (restricted to whites only) "under segregation there were even white restrooms and white drinking fountains"; "a lily-white movement which would expel Negroes from the organization"
- S: (adj) white, white-hot (glowing white with heat) "white flames"; "a white-hot center of the fire"
- S: (adj) white (benevolent; without malicious intent) "that's white of you"
- S: (adj) blank, clean, white ((of a surface) not written or printed on) "blank pages"; "fill in the blank spaces"; "a clean page"; "wide white margins"
- S: (adj) white ((of coffee) having cream or milk added)
- S: (adj) white, whitened ((of hair) having lost its color) "the white hairs of old age"
- S: (adj) ashen, blanched, bloodless, livid, white (anemic looking from illness or emotion) "a face turned ashen"; "the invalid's blanched cheeks"; "tried to speak with bloodless lips"; "a face livid with shock"; "lips...livid with the hue of death"- Mary W. Shelley; "lips white with terror"; "a face white with rage"
- S: (adj) white (of summer nights in northern latitudes where the sun barely sets) "white nights"