Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) puff, puff of air, whiff (a short light gust of air)
- S: (n) whiff (a lefteye flounder found in coastal waters from New England to Brazil)
- S: (n) whiff (a strikeout resulting from the batter swinging at and missing the ball for the third strike)
- S: (v) sniff, whiff (perceive by inhaling through the nose) "sniff the perfume"
- S: (v) whiff (drive or carry as if by a puff of air) "The gust of air whiffed away the clouds"
- S: (v) whiff (strike out by swinging and missing the pitch charged as the third)
- S: (v) puff, whiff (smoke and exhale strongly) "puff a cigar"; "whiff a pipe"
- S: (v) whiff (utter with a puff of air) "whiff out a prayer"