Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) weight (the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity)
- S: (n) weight, free weight, exercising weight (sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; it is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms)
- S: (n) weight, weightiness (the relative importance granted to something) "his opinion carries great weight"; "the progression implied an increasing weightiness of the items listed"
- S: (n) weight (an artifact that is heavy)
- S: (n) weight (an oppressive feeling of heavy force) "bowed down by the weight of responsibility"
- S: (n) system of weights, weight (a system of units used to express the weight of something)
- S: (n) weight unit, weight (a unit used to measure weight) "he placed two weights in the scale pan"
- S: (n) weight, weighting ((statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance)