Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) wedge, wedge shape, cuneus (any shape that is triangular in cross section)
- S: (n) bomber, grinder, hero, hero sandwich, hoagie, hoagy, Cuban sandwich, Italian sandwich, poor boy, sub, submarine, submarine sandwich, torpedo, wedge, zep (a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States)
- S: (n) hacek, wedge (a diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as the letter c) to indicate pronunciation)
- S: (n) wedge heel, wedge (a heel that is an extension of the sole of the shoe)
- S: (n) wedge ((golf) an iron with considerable loft and a broad sole)
- S: (n) wedge (something solid that is usable as an inclined plane (shaped like a V) that can be pushed between two things to separate them)
- S: (n) chock, wedge (a block of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object)
- S: (v) lodge, wedge, stick, deposit (put, fix, force, or implant) "lodge a bullet in the table"; "stick your thumb in the crack"
- S: (v) wedge, squeeze, force (squeeze like a wedge into a tight space) "I squeezed myself into the corner"