Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) weaken (lessen the strength of) "The fever weakened his body"
- S: (v) weaken (become weaker) "The prisoner's resistance weakened after seven days"
- S: (v) sabotage, undermine, countermine, counteract, subvert, weaken (destroy property or hinder normal operations) "The Resistance sabotaged railroad operations during the war"
- S: (v) de-escalate, weaken, step down (reduce the level or intensity or size or scope of) "de-escalate a crisis"
- S: (v) dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break (lessen in force or effect) "soften a shock"; "break a fall"