Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) hesitate, waver, waffle (pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness) "Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures"
- S: (v) falter, waver (be unsure or weak) "Their enthusiasm is faltering"
- S: (v) falter, waver (move hesitatingly, as if about to give way)
- S: (v) fluctuate, vacillate, waver (move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern) "the line on the monitor vacillated"
- S: (v) flicker, waver, flitter, flutter, quiver (move back and forth very rapidly) "the candle flickered"
- S: (v) waver, weave (sway from side to side)
- S: (v) quaver, waver (give off unsteady sounds, alternating in amplitude or frequency)