Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) walk, walking (the act of traveling by foot) "walking is a healthy form of exercise"
- S: (n) base on balls, walk, pass ((baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls) "he worked the pitcher for a base on balls"
- S: (n) walk, manner of walking (manner of walking) "he had a funny walk"
- S: (n) walk (the act of walking somewhere) "he took a walk after lunch"
- S: (n) walk, walkway, paseo (a path set aside for walking) "after the blizzard he shoveled the front walk"
- S: (n) walk (a slow gait of a horse in which two feet are always on the ground)
- S: (n) walk of life, walk (careers in general) "it happens in all walks of life"
- S: (v) walk (use one's feet to advance; advance by steps) "Walk, don't run!"; "We walked instead of driving"; "She walks with a slight limp"; "The patient cannot walk yet"; "Walk over to the cabinet"
- S: (v) walk (accompany or escort) "I'll walk you to your car"
- S: (v) walk (obtain a base on balls)
- S: (v) walk (traverse or cover by walking) "Walk the tightrope"; "Paul walked the streets of Damascus"; "She walks 3 miles every day"
- S: (v) walk (give a base on balls to)
- S: (v) walk (live or behave in a specified manner) "walk in sadness"
- S: (v) walk (be or act in association with) "We must walk with our dispossessed brothers and sisters"; "Walk with God"
- S: (v) walk (walk at a pace) "The horses walked across the meadow"
- S: (v) walk (make walk) "He walks the horse up the mountain"; "Walk the dog twice a day"
- S: (v) walk, take the air (take a walk; go for a walk; walk for pleasure) "The lovers held hands while walking"; "We like to walk every Sunday"