Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) vent, ventilate, air out, air (expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen) "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
- S: (v) ventilate (expose to the circulation of fresh air so as to retard spoilage) "Wheat should be well ventilated"
- S: (v) ventilate (circulate through and freshen) "The gust of air ventilated the room"
- S: (v) vent, ventilate, give vent (give expression or utterance to) "She vented her anger"; "The graduates gave vent to cheers"
- S: (v) ventilate (furnish with an opening to allow air to circulate or gas to escape) "The architect did not think about ventilating the storage space"