Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) head covering, veil (a garment that covers the head and face)
- S: (n) veil, velum (a membranous covering attached to the immature fruiting body of certain mushrooms)
- S: (n) caul, veil, embryonic membrane (the inner membrane of embryos in higher vertebrates (especially when covering the head at birth))
- S: (n) humeral veil, veil (a vestment worn by a priest at High Mass in the Roman Catholic Church; a silk shawl)
- S: (v) veil (to obscure, or conceal with or as if with a veil) "women in Afghanistan veil their faces"
- S: (v) obscure, blot out, obliterate, veil, hide (make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing) "a hidden message"; "a veiled threat"