Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) discrepancy, variance, variant (an event that departs from expectations)
- S: (n) division, variance (discord that splits a group)
- S: (n) variance (the second moment around the mean; the expected value of the square of the deviations of a random variable from its mean value)
- S: (n) discrepancy, disagreement, divergence, variance (a difference between conflicting facts or claims or opinions) "a growing divergence of opinion"
- S: (n) variability, variableness, variance (the quality of being subject to variation)
- S: (n) variance (an official dispensation to act contrary to a rule or regulation (typically a building regulation)) "a zoning variance"
- S: (n) variation, variance (an activity that varies from a norm or standard) "any variation in his routine was immediately reported"