Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) upright, vertical (a vertical structural member as a post or stake) "the ball sailed between the uprights"
- S: (n) upright, upright piano (a piano with a vertical sounding board)
- S: (adj) upright, unsloped (in a vertical position; not sloping) "an upright post"
- S: (adj) good, just, upright (of moral excellence) "a genuinely good person"; "a just cause"; "an upright and respectable man"
- S: (adj) erect, vertical, upright (upright in position or posture) "an erect stature"; "erect flower stalks"; "for a dog, an erect tail indicates aggression"; "a column still vertical amid the ruins"; "he sat bolt upright"