Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) unit of measurement, unit (any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange) "the dollar is the United States unit of currency"; "a unit of wheat is a bushel"; "change per unit volume"
- S: (n) unit (an individual or group or structure or other entity regarded as a structural or functional constituent of a whole) "the reduced the number of units and installations"; "the word is a basic linguistic unit"
- S: (n) unit, social unit (an organization regarded as part of a larger social group) "the coach said the offensive unit did a good job"; "after the battle the soldier had trouble rejoining his unit"
- S: (n) unit (a single undivided whole) "an idea is not a unit that can be moved from one brain to another"
- S: (n) unit, building block (a single undivided natural thing occurring in the composition of something else) "units of nucleic acids"
- S: (n) whole, unit (an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity) "how big is that part compared to the whole?"; "the team is a unit"