Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) underlay (raise or support (the level of printing) by inserting a piece of paper or cardboard under the type) "underlay the plate"
- S: (v) underlay (put (something) under or beneath) "They underlaid the shingles with roofing paper"
- S: (v) underlay (provide with a base, support, lining, or backing) "underlay the boards with joists"
- S: (v) underlie (be or form the base for)
- S: (v) underlie (lie underneath)