Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) undercut (the material removed by a cut made underneath)
- S: (n) tenderloin, undercut (the tender meat of the loin muscle on each side of the vertebral column)
- S: (n) undercut (a notch cut in the trunk of tree in order to determine the direction of its fall)
- S: (n) cut, undercut ((sports) a stroke that puts reverse spin on the ball) "cuts do not bother a good tennis player"
- S: (n) undercut (a cut made underneath to remove material)
- S: (v) undersell, undercut (sell cheaper than one's competition)
- S: (v) undercut (cut away material from the underside of (an object) so as to leave an overhanging portion in relief)
- S: (v) undercut (cut away the underpart of) "undercut a vein of ore"
- S: (v) undercut (strike (the ball) in golf, tennis, or hockey obliquely downward so as to give a backspin or elevation to the shot)
- S: (v) undercut (cut obliquely into (a tree) below the main cut and on the side toward which the tree will fall)