Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up (appear or become visible; make a showing) "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- S: (v) fold, fold up, turn up (bend or lay so that one part covers the other) "fold up the newspaper"; "turn up your collar"
- S: (v) locate, turn up (discover the location of; determine the place of; find by searching or examining) "Can you locate your cousins in the Midwest?"; "My search turned up nothing"
- S: (v) prove, turn out, turn up (be shown or be found to be) "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
- S: (v) excavate, dig up, turn up (find by digging in the ground) "I dug up an old box in the garden"