Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give (place into the hands or custody of) "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
- S: (v) overturn, tip over, turn over, upset, knock over, bowl over, tump over (cause to overturn from an upright or normal position) "The cat knocked over the flower vase"; "the clumsy customer turned over the vase"; "he tumped over his beer"
- S: (v) roll, turn over (move by turning over or rotating) "The child rolled down the hill"; "turn over on your left side"
- S: (v) dig, delve, cut into, turn over (turn up, loosen, or remove earth) "Dig we must"; "turn over the soil for aeration"
- S: (v) turn over (do business worth a certain amount of money) "The company turns over ten million dollars a year"
- S: (v) turn, turn over (cause to move around a center so as to show another side of) "turn a page of a book"
- S: (v) overturn, turn over, tip over, tump over (turn from an upright or normal position) "The big vase overturned"; "The canoe tumped over"
- S: (v) flip, flip over, turn over (turn upside down, or throw so as to reverse) "flip over the pork chop"; "turn over the pancakes"
- S: (v) consider, debate, moot, turn over, deliberate (think about carefully; weigh) "They considered the possibility of a strike"; "Turn the proposal over in your mind"