Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) switch on, turn on (cause to operate by flipping a switch) "switch on the light"; "turn on the stereo"
- S: (v) depend on, devolve on, depend upon, ride, turn on, hinge on, hinge upon (be contingent on) "The outcomes rides on the results of the election"; "Your grade will depends on your homework"
- S: (v) turn on (produce suddenly or automatically) "Turn on the charm"; "turn on the waterworks"
- S: (v) turn on (become hostile towards) "The dog suddenly turned on the mailman"
- S: (v) agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, excite, charge up (cause to be agitated, excited, or roused) "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- S: (v) arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up (stimulate sexually) "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
- S: (v) trip, trip out, turn on, get off (get high, stoned, or drugged) "He trips every weekend"