Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) troll ((Scandanavian folklore) a supernatural creature (either a dwarf or a giant) that is supposed to live in caves or in the mountains)
- S: (n) round, troll (a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time) "they enjoyed singing rounds"
- S: (n) troll (a fisherman's lure that is used in trolling) "he used a spinner as his troll"
- S: (n) troll, trolling (angling by drawing a baited line through the water)
- S: (v) troll (circulate, move around)
- S: (v) troll (cause to move round and round) "The child trolled her hoop"
- S: (v) troll (sing the parts of (a round) in succession)
- S: (v) troll (angle with a hook and line drawn through the water)
- S: (v) troll (sing loudly and without inhibition)
- S: (v) troll (praise or celebrate in song) "All tongues shall troll you"
- S: (v) troll (speak or recite rapidly or in a rolling voice)