Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) pare, trim (remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size) "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber"
- S: (v) trim (decorate, as with ornaments) "trim the christmas tree"; "trim a shop window"
- S: (v) reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down (cut down on; make a reduction in) "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- S: (v) trim (balance in flight by regulating the control surfaces) "trim an airplane"
- S: (v) trim (be in equilibrium during a flight) "The airplane trimmed"
- S: (v) trim, garnish, dress (decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods)
- S: (v) snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back (cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of) "dress the plants in the garden"
- S: (v) shave, trim (cut closely) "trim my beard"
- S: (v) trim (adjust (sails on a ship) so that the wind is optimally used)
- S: (adj) trimmed, cut (made neat and tidy by trimming) "his neatly trimmed hair"