Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) treat, handle, do by (interact in a certain way) "Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"
- S: (v) process, treat (subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition) "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals"; "treat an oil spill"
- S: (v) treat, care for (provide treatment for) "The doctor treated my broken leg"; "The nurses cared for the bomb victims"; "The patient must be treated right away or she will die"; "Treat the infection with antibiotics"
- S: (v) cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address (act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression) "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- S: (v) treat (provide with a gift or entertainment) "Grandmother always treated us to the circus"; "I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed"
- S: (v) regale, treat (provide with choice or abundant food or drink) "Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating"; "She treated her houseguests with good food every night"
- S: (v) treat (engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement) "they had to treat with the King"
- S: (v) treat (regard or consider in a specific way) "I treated his advances as a joke"