Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) transpose (a matrix formed by interchanging the rows and columns of a given matrix)
- S: (v) permute, commute, transpose (change the order or arrangement of) "Dyslexics often transpose letters in a word"
- S: (v) transfer, transpose, transplant (transfer from one place or period to another) "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
- S: (v) counterchange, transpose, interchange (cause to change places) "interchange this screw for one of a smaller size"
- S: (v) transpose (transfer a quantity from one side of an equation to the other side reversing its sign, in order to maintain equality)
- S: (v) transpose (put (a piece of music) into another key)
- S: (v) commute, transpose (exchange positions without a change in value) "These operators commute with each other"
- S: (v) transpose (change key) "Can you transpose this fugue into G major?"