Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) conveyance, transport (something that serves as a means of transportation)
- S: (n) transport (an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes)
- S: (n) transportation, shipping, transport (the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials)
- S: (n) ecstasy, rapture, transport, exaltation, raptus (a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion) "listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture"- Charles Dickens
- S: (n) tape drive, tape transport, transport (a mechanism that transports magnetic tape across the read/write heads of a tape playback/recorder)
- S: (n) transportation, transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance (the act of moving something from one location to another)
- S: (v) transport (move something or somebody around; usually over long distances)
- S: (v) transport, carry (move while supporting, either in a vehicle or in one's hands or on one's body) "You must carry your camping gear"; "carry the suitcases to the car"; "This train is carrying nuclear waste"; "These pipes carry waste water into the river"
- S: (v) enchant, enrapture, transport, enthrall, ravish, enthral, delight (hold spellbound)
- S: (v) transport, send, ship (transport commercially)
- S: (v) transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise (send from one person or place to another) "transmit a message"