Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) torture, torment (unbearable physical pain)
- S: (n) anguish, torment, torture (extreme mental distress)
- S: (n) agony, torment, torture (intense feelings of suffering; acute mental or physical pain) "an agony of doubt"; "the torments of the damned"
- S: (n) harassment, torment (a feeling of intense annoyance caused by being tormented) "so great was his harassment that he wanted to destroy his tormentors"
- S: (n) curse, torment (a severe affliction)
- S: (n) badgering, worrying, torment, bedevilment (the act of harassing someone)
- S: (v) torment, torture, excruciate, rack (torment emotionally or mentally)
- S: (v) torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate (treat cruelly) "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
- S: (v) torture, excruciate, torment (subject to torture) "The sinners will be tormented in Hell, according to the Bible"