Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) toll (a fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance))
- S: (n) price, cost, toll (value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something) "the cost in human life was enormous"; "the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?"
- S: (n) bell, toll (the sound of a bell being struck) "saved by the bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church bells"
- S: (v) toll (ring slowly) "For whom the bell tolls"
- S: (v) toll (charge a fee for using) "Toll the bridges into New York City"