Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) tin, Sn, atomic number 50 (a silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion; used in many alloys and to coat other metals to prevent corrosion; obtained chiefly from cassiterite where it occurs as tin oxide)
- S: (n) tin (a vessel (box, can, pan, etc.) made of tinplate and used mainly in baking)
- S: (n) canister, cannister, tin (metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour)
- S: (n) can, tin, tin can (airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.)
- S: (v) tin (plate with tin)
- S: (v) can, tin, put up (preserve in a can or tin) "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- S: (v) tin (prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface)