Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) tie down, tie up, bind, truss (secure with or as if with ropes) "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapers and bring them to the recycling shed"
- S: (v) tie up (invest so as to make unavailable for other purposes) "All my money is tied up in long-term investments"
- S: (v) tie up (restrain from moving or operating normally) "Traffic is tied up for miles around the bridge where the accident occurred"
- S: (v) moor, berth, tie up (secure in or as if in a berth or dock) "tie up the boat"
- S: (v) tie up, bind off (finish the last row)