Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) jab, jabbing, poke, poking, thrust, thrusting (a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow)) "he warned me with a jab with his finger"; "he made a thrusting motion with his fist"
- S: (v) thrust (push forcefully) "He thrust his chin forward"
- S: (v) thrust, stuff, shove, squeeze (press or force) "Stuff money into an envelope"; "She thrust the letter into his hand"
- S: (v) lunge, hurl, hurtle, thrust (make a thrusting forward movement)
- S: (v) force, thrust (impose urgently, importunately, or inexorably) "She forced her diet fads on him"
- S: (v) pierce, thrust (penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument)
- S: (v) thrust (force (molten rock) into pre-existing rock)
- S: (v) thrust, push up (push upward) "The front of the trains that had collided head-on thrust up into the air"
- S: (v) throw, thrust (place or put with great energy) "She threw the blanket around the child"; "thrust the money in the hands of the beggar"