Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) expel, throw out, kick out (force to leave or move out) "He was expelled from his native country"
- S: (v) discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away (throw or cast away) "Put away your worries"
- S: (v) oust, throw out, drum out, boot out, kick out, expel (remove from a position or office) "The chairman was ousted after he misappropriated funds"
- S: (v) advance, throw out (bring forward for consideration or acceptance) "advance an argument"
- S: (v) dismiss, throw out (cease to consider; put out of judicial consideration) "This case is dismissed!"