Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) thread, yarn (a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving)
- S: (n) ribbon, thread (any long object resembling a thin line) "a mere ribbon of land"; "the lighted ribbon of traffic"; "from the air the road was a grey thread"; "a thread of smoke climbed upward"
- S: (n) train of thought, thread (the connections that link the various parts of an event or argument together) "I couldn't follow his train of thought"; "he lost the thread of his argument"
- S: (n) screw thread, thread (the raised helical rib going around a screw)
- S: (v) weave, wind, thread, meander, wander (to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course) "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- S: (v) thread (pass a thread through) "thread a needle"
- S: (v) thread (remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string) "She had her eyebrows threaded"
- S: (v) thread (pass through or into) "thread tape"; "thread film"
- S: (v) string, thread, draw (thread on or as if on a string) "string pearls on a string"; "the child drew glass beads on a string"; "thread dried cranberries"