Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) one-third, third, tierce (one of three equal parts of a divisible whole) "it contains approximately a third of the minimum daily requirement"
- S: (n) third base, third (the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the third of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)) "he is playing third"
- S: (n) third (following the second position in an ordering or series) "a distant third"; "he answered the first question willingly, the second reluctantly, and the third with resentment"
- S: (n) third (the musical interval between one note and another three notes away from it) "a simple harmony written in major thirds"
- S: (n) third gear, third (the third from the lowest forward ratio gear in the gear box of a motor vehicle) "you shouldn't try to start in third gear"
- S: (n) third base, third (the base that must be touched third by a base runner in baseball) "he was cut down on a close play at third"
- S: (adj) third, 3rd, tertiary (coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position)
- S: (adv) third, thirdly (in the third place) "third we must consider unemployment"