Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) thin (of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section) "thin wire"; "a thin chiffon blouse"; "a thin book"; "a thin layer of paint"
- S: (adj) thin, lean (lacking excess flesh) "you can't be too rich or too thin"; "Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look"-Shakespeare
- S: (adj) slender, thin (very narrow) "a thin line across the page"
- S: (adj) sparse, thin (not dense) "a thin beard"; "trees were sparse"
- S: (adj) thin (relatively thin in consistency or low in density; not viscous) "air is thin at high altitudes"; "a thin soup"; "skimmed milk is much thinner than whole milk"; "thin oil"
- S: (adj) thin ((of sound) lacking resonance or volume) "a thin feeble cry"
- S: (adj) thin (lacking spirit or sincere effort) "a thin smile"
- S: (adj) flimsy, fragile, slight, tenuous, thin (lacking substance or significance) "slight evidence"; "a tenuous argument"; "a thin plot"; "a fragile claim to fame"
- S: (adv) thinly, thin (without viscosity) "the blood was flowing thin"