Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) pique, temper, irritation (a sudden outburst of anger) "his temper sparked like damp firewood"
- S: (n) temper, mood, humor, humour (a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling) "whether he praised or cursed me depended on his temper at the time"; "he was in a bad humor"
- S: (n) temper, biliousness, irritability, peevishness, pettishness, snappishness, surliness (a disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger) "his temper was well known to all his employees"
- S: (n) temper, toughness (the elasticity and hardness of a metal object; its ability to absorb considerable energy before cracking)
- S: (v) anneal, temper, normalize (bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling) "temper glass"
- S: (v) temper, harden (harden by reheating and cooling in oil) "temper steel"
- S: (v) temper (adjust the pitch (of pianos))
- S: (v) temper, season, mollify, moderate (make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else) "she tempered her criticism"
- S: (v) chasten, temper (change by restraining or moderating)