Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) teaching, instruction, pedagogy (the profession of a teacher) "he prepared for teaching while still in college"; "pedagogy is recognized as an important profession"
- S: (n) teaching, precept, commandment (a doctrine that is taught) "the teachings of religion"; "he believed all the Christian precepts"
- S: (n) education, instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity (the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill) "he received no formal education"; "our instruction was carefully programmed"; "good classroom teaching is seldom rewarded"
- S: (v) teach, learn, instruct (impart skills or knowledge to) "I taught them French"; "He instructed me in building a boat"
- S: (v) teach (accustom gradually to some action or attitude) "The child is taught to obey her parents"