Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) tape (a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening) "he used a piece of tape for a belt"; "he wrapped a tape around the package"
- S: (n) tape, tape recording, taping (a recording made on magnetic tape) "the several recordings were combined on a master tape"
- S: (n) tape (the finishing line for a foot race) "he broke the tape in record time"
- S: (n) tape, tapeline, tape measure (measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths) "the carpenter should have used his tape measure"
- S: (n) magnetic tape, mag tape, tape (memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information) "he took along a dozen tapes to record the interview"
- S: (v) tape (fasten or attach with tape) "tape the shipping label to the box"
- S: (v) videotape, tape (record on videotape)
- S: (v) record, tape (register electronically) "They recorded her singing"