Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) tail (the posterior part of the body of a vertebrate especially when elongated and extending beyond the trunk or main part of the body)
- S: (n) fag end, tail, tail end (the time of the last part of something) "the fag end of this crisis-ridden century"; "the tail of the storm"
- S: (n) tail, tail end (any projection that resembles the tail of an animal)
- S: (n) buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass (the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on) "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- S: (n) tail, shadow, shadower (a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements)
- S: (n) tail ((usually plural) the reverse side of a coin that does not bear the representation of a person's head)
- S: (n) tail, tail assembly, empennage (the rear part of an aircraft)
- S: (n) stern, after part, quarter, poop, tail (the rear part of a ship)
- S: (v) chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track (go after with the intent to catch) "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
- S: (v) dock, tail, bob (remove or shorten the tail of an animal)
- S: (v) tail (remove the stalk of fruits or berries)