Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) curse, curse word, expletive, oath, swearing, swearword, cuss (profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger) "expletives were deleted"
- S: (n) oath, swearing (a commitment to tell the truth (especially in a court of law); to lie under oath is to become subject to prosecution for perjury)
- S: (v) curse, cuss, blaspheme, swear, imprecate (utter obscenities or profanities) "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
- S: (v) affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear (to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true) "Before God I swear I am innocent"
- S: (v) swear (promise solemnly; take an oath)
- S: (v) swear, depose, depone (make a deposition; declare under oath)
- S: (v) count, bet, depend, swear, rely, bank, look, calculate, reckon (have faith or confidence in) "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"