Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) rush, spate, surge, upsurge (a sudden forceful flow)
- S: (n) surge, upsurge (a sudden or abrupt strong increase) "stimulated a surge of speculation"; "an upsurge of emotion"; "an upsurge in violent crime"
- S: (n) billow, surge (a large sea wave)
- S: (v) billow, surge, heave (rise and move, as in waves or billows) "The army surged forward"
- S: (v) soar, soar up, soar upwards, surge, zoom (rise rapidly) "the dollar soared against the yen"
- S: (v) tide, surge (rise or move forward) "surging waves"
- S: (v) scend, surge (rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force such as a wave) "the boats surged"
- S: (v) surge (see one's performance improve) "He levelled the score and then surged ahead"