Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) sublimate (the product of vaporization of a solid)
- S: (v) sublimate (direct energy or urges into useful activities)
- S: (v) rarefy, sublimate, subtilize (make more subtle or refined)
- S: (v) purify, sublimate, make pure, distill (remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation) "purify the water"
- S: (v) sublime, sublimate (change or cause to change directly from a solid into a vapor without first melting) "sublime iodine"; "some salts sublime when heated"
- S: (v) sublime, sublimate (vaporize and then condense right back again)