Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) material, stuff (the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object) "coal is a hard black material"; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread"
- S: (n) stuff (miscellaneous unspecified objects) "the trunk was full of stuff"
- S: (n) stuff, clobber (informal terms for personal possessions) "did you take all your clobber?"
- S: (n) stuff, stuff and nonsense, hooey, poppycock (senseless talk) "don't give me that stuff"
- S: (n) stuff (unspecified qualities required to do or be something) "the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine"
- S: (n) stuff (information in some unspecified form) "it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book"
- S: (n) stuff (a critically important or characteristic component) "suspense is the very stuff of narrative"
- S: (v) stuff (cram into a cavity) "The child stuffed candy into his pockets"
- S: (v) thrust, stuff, shove, squeeze (press or force) "Stuff money into an envelope"; "She thrust the letter into his hand"
- S: (v) stuff, lug, choke up, block (obstruct) "My nose is all stuffed"; "Her arteries are blocked"
- S: (v) gorge, ingurgitate, overindulge, glut, englut, stuff, engorge, overgorge, overeat, gormandize, gormandise, gourmandize, binge, pig out, satiate, scarf out (overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself) "She stuffed herself at the dinner"; "The kids binged on ice cream"
- S: (v) stuff (treat with grease, fill, and prepare for mounting) "stuff a bearskin"
- S: (v) stuff (fill tightly with a material) "stuff a pillow with feathers"
- S: (v) farce, stuff (fill with a stuffing while cooking) "Have you stuffed the turkey yet?"