Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) strength (the property of being physically or mentally strong) "fatigue sapped his strength"
- S: (n) military capability, military strength, strength, military posture, posture (capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war) "we faced an army of great strength"; "politicians have neglected our military posture"
- S: (n) force, forcefulness, strength (physical energy or intensity) "he hit with all the force he could muster"; "it was destroyed by the strength of the gale"; "a government has not the vitality and forcefulness of a living man"
- S: (n) forte, strong suit, long suit, metier, specialty, speciality, strong point, strength (an asset of special worth or utility) "cooking is his forte"
- S: (n) persuasiveness, strength (the power to induce the taking of a course of action or the embracing of a point of view by means of argument or entreaty) "the strength of his argument settled the matter"
- S: (n) intensity, strength, intensity level (the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation)) "he adjusted the intensity of the sound"; "they measured the station's signal strength"
- S: (n) potency, effectiveness, strength (capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects) "the toxin's potency"; "the strength of the drinks"
- S: (n) strength (the condition of financial success) "the strength of the company's stock in recent weeks"
- S: (n) lastingness, durability, enduringness, strength (permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force) "they advertised the durability of their products"