Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) strap (an elongated leather strip (or a strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position)
- S: (n) strap (hanger consisting of a loop of leather suspended from the ceiling of a bus or train; passengers hold onto it)
- S: (n) strap, shoulder strap (a band that goes over the shoulder and supports a garment or bag)
- S: (n) strap (whip consisting of a strip of leather used in flogging)
- S: (v) strap (tie with a strap)
- S: (v) flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce (beat severely with a whip or rod) "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- S: (v) strap (sharpen with a strap) "strap a razor"
- S: (v) strap (secure (a sprained joint) with a strap)