Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) iron out, straighten out, put right (settle or put right) "we need to iron out our disagreements"
- S: (v) disentangle, unsnarl, straighten out (extricate from entanglement) "Can you disentangle the cord?"
- S: (v) reform, straighten out, see the light (change for the better) "The lazy student promised to reform"; "the habitual cheater finally saw the light"
- S: (v) straighten, straighten out (make straight)
- S: (v) clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate (make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear) "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- S: (v) tidy, tidy up, clean up, neaten, straighten, straighten out, square away (put (things or places) in order) "Tidy up your room!"