Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (adj) straight, consecutive (successive (without a break)) "sick for five straight days"
- S: (adj) straight (having no deviations) "straight lines"; "straight roads across the desert"; "straight teeth"; "straight shoulders"
- S: (adj) straight ((of hair) having no waves or curls) "her naturally straight hair hung long and silky"
- S: (adj) straight, unbent, unbowed (erect in posture) "sit straight"; "stood defiantly with unbowed back"
- S: (adj) straight (in keeping with the facts) "set the record straight"; "made sure the facts were straight in the report"
- S: (adj) straight, square (characterized by honesty and fairness) "straight dealing"; "a square deal"
- S: (adj) uncoiled, straight (no longer coiled)
- S: (adj) straight (free from curves or angles) "a straight line"
- S: (adj) straight (neatly arranged; not disorderly) "the room is straight now"
- S: (adj) straight (not homosexual)
- S: (adj) true, straight (accurately fitted; level) "the window frame isn't quite true"
- S: (adj) square, straightforward, straight (without evasion or compromise) "a square contradiction"; "he is not being as straightforward as it appears"
- S: (adj) neat, straight, full-strength ((of an alcoholic drink) without water) "took his whiskey neat"
- S: (adj) straight (following a correct or logical method) "straight reasoning"
- S: (adj) square, straight (rigidly conventional or old-fashioned)
- S: (adv) directly, straight, direct (without deviation) "the path leads directly to the lake"; "went direct to the office"
- S: (adv) directly, flat, straight (in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly) "he didn't answer directly"; "told me straight out"; "came out flat for less work and more pay"
- S: (adv) straight (in a straight line; in a direct course) "the road runs straight"