Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) stomach, tummy, tum, breadbasket (an enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal; the principal organ of digestion)
- S: (n) abdomen, venter, stomach, belly (the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis)
- S: (n) stomach (an inclination or liking for things involving conflict or difficulty or unpleasantness) "he had no stomach for a fight"
- S: (n) stomach (an appetite for food) "exercise gave him a good stomach for dinner"
- S: (v) stomach (bear to eat) "He cannot stomach raw fish"
- S: (v) digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up (put up with something or somebody unpleasant) "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"