Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) stinger (a cocktail made of made of creme de menthe and brandy)
- S: (n) stinger, cut (a remark capable of wounding mentally) "the unkindest cut of all"
- S: (n) Stinger (a portable low altitude surface-to-air missile system using infrared guidance and an impact fuse; fired from the shoulder)
- S: (n) stinger (a sharp organ of offense or defense (as of a wasp or stingray or scorpion) often connected with a poison gland)
- S: (n) stinger (a sharp stinging blow)
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (n) blow (a powerful stroke with the fist or a weapon) "a blow on the head"
- S: (n) stroke (a single complete movement)
- S: (n) motion, movement, move, motility (a change of position that does not entail a change of location) "the reflex motion of his eyebrows revealed his surprise"; "movement is a sign of life"; "an impatient move of his hand"; "gastrointestinal motility"
- S: (n) change (the action of changing something) "the change of government had no impact on the economy"; "his change on abortion cost him the election"
- S: (n) action (something done (usually as opposed to something said)) "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- derivationally related form